ASEAN-driven Indo-Pacific a strategic necessity?
Indonesian Ambassador to the United Kingdom, Ireland and the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, in his address during the recently held ASEAN Summit in Singapore, maintained that the regional grouping must continue to stay relevant in an increasingly uncertain geopolitical and geoeconomics environment.
He was concerned that the growing rivalry among major powers, which was initially more evident in East Asia, has now extended t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro