ASEAN-driven Indo-Pacific a strategic necessity?
Indonesian Ambassador to the United Kingdom, Ireland and the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, in his address during the recently held ASEAN Summit in Singapore, maintained that the regional grouping must continue to stay relevant in an increasingly uncertain geopolitical and geoeconomics environment.
He was concerned that the growing rivalry among major powers, which was initially more evident in East Asia, has now extended t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- Meikarta project abides by spatial regulation: Minister
- US mulls revoking recognition of transgender people: Report
- Trump accuses Saudis of 'lies' over Khashoggi killing