ASEAN-driven Indo-Pacific a strategic necessity?
Indonesian Ambassador to the United Kingdom, Ireland and the International Maritime Organization (IMO)
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, in his address during the recently held ASEAN Summit in Singapore, maintained that the regional grouping must continue to stay relevant in an increasingly uncertain geopolitical and geoeconomics environment.
He was concerned that the growing rivalry among major powers, which was initially more evident in East Asia, has now extended t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims