Escaping the middle income trap through Making Indonesia 4.0?
Shah Suraj Bharat
Much attention has been afforded to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s recent launch of Making Indonesia 4.0, an industrial strategy that chiefly emphasizes harnessing technology to boost growth in tune with the digital era.
Policymakers, analysts and media outlets have lauded the strategy as a method in which to catapult the economy out of the middle income tr...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games