Escaping the middle income trap through Making Indonesia 4.0?
Shah Suraj Bharat
Much attention has been afforded to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s recent launch of Making Indonesia 4.0, an industrial strategy that chiefly emphasizes harnessing technology to boost growth in tune with the digital era.
Policymakers, analysts and media outlets have lauded the strategy as a method in which to catapult the economy out of the middle income tr...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Supreme Court pick's accuser agrees to testify Thursday
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?