Halal industry should go along with Islamic finance
Nuha Qonita and Yunice Karina T
The global halal industry, excluding Islamic financial assets, is estimated to be worth around US$2.3 trillion. As reported by the 2017 Global Islamic Finance Report, with the tremendous growth at approximately 20 percent annually, the industry’s turnover is valued at about $560 billion a year.
Thus, it is one of the fastest growing consumer segments in the world. Drivin...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai