Halal industry should go along with Islamic finance
Nuha Qonita and Yunice Karina T
The global halal industry, excluding Islamic financial assets, is estimated to be worth around US$2.3 trillion. As reported by the 2017 Global Islamic Finance Report, with the tremendous growth at approximately 20 percent annually, the industry’s turnover is valued at about $560 billion a year.
Thus, it is one of the fastest growing consumer segments in the world. Drivin...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- Prabowo visits Yudhoyono in hospital
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad