Halal industry should go along with Islamic finance
Nuha Qonita and Yunice Karina T
The global halal industry, excluding Islamic financial assets, is estimated to be worth around US$2.3 trillion. As reported by the 2017 Global Islamic Finance Report, with the tremendous growth at approximately 20 percent annually, the industry’s turnover is valued at about $560 billion a year.
Thus, it is one of the fastest growing consumer segments in the world. Drivin...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food