Indonesia's economy: The threat of short-termism
Reversing the Dutch disease is never an easy job for any government in the world. Not only does it involve broad structural reform but it is also difficult to be a patient and long-term minded government.
To take the path of reform is always arduous especially for a commodity addict like Indonesia. The negative income effect from lower commodity prices usually lingers for some time ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Malaysia issues arrest warrants for ex-1MDB executives
- Thailand's cave boys wake up at home for first time in weeks
- Rapes and beatings: The torments of South Korea's young athletes
- Indonesia sees 7 brutal animal killings in 2018
- Joey Alexander’s new music video showcases the beauty of Bali
- Russian 'agent' held on charges of seeking to infiltrate US govt
- Prabowo visits Yudhoyono in hospital
- Indonesia to invite Kim Jong-un, Moon Jae-in to attend Asiad