The brewing economic crisis
Nilanjan Banik and Pietro Paganini
We are seeing interesting times. There is a likelihood that the trade war between two of the world’s biggest economies — China and the United States — may blow out of proportion, and another economic downturn may be in the offing.
During an economic crisis, consumers spend less and investors do not invest (or postpone their investments). There is a general se...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jokowi’s surprise for Korea
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia records US$1.82 billion trade deficit in October
- Palm oil waste-fueled generators produce electricity in Kutai