We are all children, we are all refugees
Author of Julia's Jihad
Do you remember Alan Kurdi? Tragically, his claim to global headlines fame was having his lifeless 3-year-old body washed up on a beach in Turkey after he drowned in the Mediterranean Sea on Sept. 2, 2015.
Kurdi was the child of Syrian refugees of Kurdish descent, who trying to escape the civil war, had settled in Turkey but hoped to join family members in Canada. On that fata...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- AirAsia to move international operations to Soekarno-Hatta airport Terminal 2
- Palm oil industry calls on govt to take 'firm' action against Greenpeace