We are all children, we are all refugees
Author of Julia's Jihad
Do you remember Alan Kurdi? Tragically, his claim to global headlines fame was having his lifeless 3-year-old body washed up on a beach in Turkey after he drowned in the Mediterranean Sea on Sept. 2, 2015.
Kurdi was the child of Syrian refugees of Kurdish descent, who trying to escape the civil war, had settled in Turkey but hoped to join family members in Canada. On that fata...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy