Opportunity is key to integrating the disabled
The 2018 Asian Para Games, which opened last Saturday, testifies to how far we have come in our treatment of people with disabilities. It further shows how competitive sports can bring nations together to face common challenges.
The disabled have long had their own champions, such as Helen Keller and Franklin D. Roosevelt, who have proven that disabilities are not something to imped...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Moon, Kim get peace award from Indonesian community
- Only 2% of ads show women as leaders: Study
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja stuns 'American Idol' judges
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Dark side of K-pop: The East Light leader claims years of abuse
- Saudi Arabia deployed Twitter army against critics: NY Times
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- North Korea's box of bones: A mythical king and the dream of Korean unification
- Partygoers burn police vehicles after being denied dancing