Emotional care in disasters
Disasters result in bitter memories. Psychological suffering manifests instantly and, if left unaddressed, may leave lasting scars. Simple measures can go a long way toward giving minds a healing touch.
The earthquake and tsunami that struck Central Sulawesi remind us how quickly disasters can tear lives apart and leave thousands homeless. Almost 2,000 people have been confirmed dea...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Washington diocese names 31 former clergy accused of abuse
- Man arrested for buying baby via Instagram
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- The warning signs get stronger
- Police on high alert ahead of Indian temple opening to women
- Microsoft co-founder, investor, philanthropist Allen dead at 65