Examining claims of cultural proprietorship
The Culture Directorate General of the Education and Culture Ministry will organize a congress of culture in Jakarta on Dec.7-9. One of the concerns to be addressed are claims over the ownership of cultures that we have heard over the last few years across Indonesia and the region.
In early January 2014, for instance, South Sumatra Governor Alex Noerdin planned to patent ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says