Implications of world’s first genome-edited babies
Vincentius Aji Jatikusumo
Participants of the second International Summit of Human Genome Editing in Hong Kong last month expected insightful discussions about the latest techniques and ethics of genome editing in the human embryo. However, one day before the conference started, big news arrived that shook the world of scientific research.
One of the invited speakers, He Jiankui from the University of Scienc...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Lotte Chemical Indonesia begins construction of plant in Cilegon
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Indonesia’s e-commerce sales predicted to reach US$65b in 2022
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Jokowi stresses tolerance at cultural congress conclusion
- Low deficits and fiscal prudence