New OIC charter could spark Islamic renaissance
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Last weekend's adoption of a new charter for the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which promotes democracy and human rights among member countries could spark what President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has called an Islamic renaissance. Adopted unanimously, the new charter is set to replace the 1972 version and should speed up OIC decision making processes. It would also cre...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga