New OIC charter could spark Islamic renaissance
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Last weekend's adoption of a new charter for the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OIC) which promotes democracy and human rights among member countries could spark what President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has called an Islamic renaissance. Adopted unanimously, the new charter is set to replace the 1972 version and should speed up OIC decision making processes. It would also cre...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights