Fear haunts ethnic Chinese
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Ask any Chinese Indonesian if they want to join a political party and chances are they will answer in the negative. "You have to know your place in society," is the usual answer, or "Politics is not our domain." It is a standard answer, a legacy of the past New Order regime, which taught them to stay out of politics. Those were the days when Chinese Indon...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Japan's Akita dogs melt foreign hearts