Fear haunts ethnic Chinese
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Ask any Chinese Indonesian if they want to join a political party and chances are they will answer in the negative. "You have to know your place in society," is the usual answer, or "Politics is not our domain." It is a standard answer, a legacy of the past New Order regime, which taught them to stay out of politics. Those were the days when Chinese Indon...
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Startup investment grows 60 times in five years: Research
- New 'ghost' orchid species discovered on Java
- Soeharto was a great role model: TNI chief
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint