Internet blocking costs 'government credibility'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The government's block on access to websites that carry the controversial Dutch film Fitna is part of an attempt to restrict citizens' freedom in the name of religion, scholars warn. Political and media expert Wimar Witoelar said the government was on the wrong track and had damaged its credibility with the public by ordering the Internet block. "This is a really clumsy move ...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- UN Security Council to vote on Syria ceasefire
- Record tourist arrivals in Paris in 2017
- China's European fashion habit moves to the boardroom
- Four ex-Deutsche Bank traders evade UK Euribor-rigging charges
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus