Chinese Indonesians can't be put in boxes
The Jakarta Post
Not many people, even those of Chinese-Indonesian descent, comprehend the complexity and diversity of Chinese people and their culture, let alone their history. Here is a glimpse of that complexity. Peranakan is a term for people of Chinese descent who were born in Indonesia and have blended into the local culture. Usually a peranakan has an Indonesian name and cannot speak Mandar...
- Anies wins in South Jakarta and East Jakarta: KPU
- 459 tons equipment brought along on Saudi Arabia's King's visit to Indonesia
- Indonesian hard-liners again turn up heat on Ahmadis
- Jokowi meets Australian CEOs, shares confidence about Indonesia's economy
- Official Jakarta election results to be announced Sunday
- Iraq hopes to reclaim heritage lost to Islamic State group
- Obama returns to Broadway to see Arthur Miller's 'The Price'
- Jokowi arrives in Sydney
- Plan to execute death row inmates still on: AGO
- Bogor Botanical Gardens holds waste festival