Chinese Indonesians can't be put in boxes
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Not many people, even those of Chinese-Indonesian descent, comprehend the complexity and diversity of Chinese people and their culture, let alone their history. Here is a glimpse of that complexity. Peranakan is a term for people of Chinese descent who were born in Indonesia and have blended into the local culture. Usually a peranakan has an Indonesian name and cannot speak Mandar...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings