Out & About: 'Topeng monyet', violation of animal rights
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Although Bram Maro described topeng monyet (a kind of door-to-door monkey performance) as "one of the most original forms of entertainment", it is, in fact, one of the cruelest violations of animal rights. As a child in the early 1970s, I wanted a topeng monyet to perform for my birthday because I had never been able to watch an entire show. My parents were against it, but I beg...
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi