Out & About: 'Topeng monyet', violation of animal rights
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Although Bram Maro described topeng monyet (a kind of door-to-door monkey performance) as "one of the most original forms of entertainment", it is, in fact, one of the cruelest violations of animal rights. As a child in the early 1970s, I wanted a topeng monyet to perform for my birthday because I had never been able to watch an entire show. My parents were against it, but I beg...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears