Illicit imports keep damaging ozone layer
Adianto P. Simamora
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM How much do you pay for your air conditioner refrigerant? If you're paying as little as Rp 80,000, you can be sure you're using chlorofluorocarbons, one of many substances known to damage the ozone layer. On International Ozone Day, which falls on Sept. 16, the government admitted poor law enforcement meant the illegal import and trade of ozone-depleting substances (ODSs) remained widespread. ...
- UPDATED: Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Election bill passed, presidential threshold intact
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Halal certification shouldn’t burden industry: F&B producers
- Medieval Europe’s ‘divine obsession’ with Indonesian spices
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown