'Kolang-kaling', the fast-breaking favorite
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM A boiled aren nut is opened to reveal three sugar palm fruits, which are a key ingredient in the popular Ramadan snack known as kolak. (JP/Suherdjoko) Those breaking their Ramadan fast with kolak (banana compote) will find white, opaque and thumb-sized fruit, locally called kolang-kaling, in the mix. This fruit of the sugar palm tree is soft and a bit rubbery, and adds to the flavor...
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- Maria lashes US Virgin Islands as Puerto Rico prepares for impact
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- Brie Larson makes set appearance for ‘Avengers’ movie
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- ‘Marlina the Murderer in Four Acts’ to be screened in 18 countries
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint