Artists summoned over communist symbol exhibition
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The East Denpasar Police has summoned a group of young artists for using symbols of the now defunct communist party during an art exhibition organized last September. An art exhibition dubbed the G-30-S (30 artists' movement) was organized from Sept. 16 to 30 at the Denpasar Art Centre featuring contemporary art pieces that tried to redefine the meaning of some symbols, including communist sy...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Sleman promotes batik with Sleman Creative Award 2017
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears