Short story: Blue
By Rain Chudori-Soerjoatmodjo
PREMIUM I forgot which summer it was, the divorce or the affair, but I had set my eyes on a pair of blue shoes that I had seen in a small store that had just opened in the U district; nanny had brought me there specifically to buy me new school shoes. My old ones were worn out and the soles were loose. Also, father thought those shoes were inadequate for a young lady of my age. The convers...
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga
- Tourism Ministry to lure New Zealand yachters
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- President Jokowi optimistic about electric cars in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu