Traumatized House pushes aside graft court bill
The Jakarta Post
Members of the House of Representatives remain traumatized over recent uncompromising rulings by the Corruption Court, says a legislator.
All legislators tried for corruption by the court have been convicted and sentenced to lengthy jail terms, creating fear among other legislators that they could be next.
The fear has led them to deliberately delay the passage of the corruption ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Prabowo's presidential bid hangs in the balance
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Japan's Akita dogs melt foreign hearts