Happy Salma encourages literacy
The Jakarta Post
(JP/R. Berto Wedhatama)
JAKARTA: Actress and writer Happy Salma believes that children should be encouraged to read as soon as possible.
Reading habits developed from an early age, she said, can enrich the imagination and sharpen the ability to examine social issues, which can help children in real life situations.
“Although literature might have a very distant setting of...
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi