Ahmad Tohari: "If only our leaders read literary works"
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Ahmad Tohari is very familiar to all literary buffs as a novelist, short story writer and essayist critical of various social and religious issues. With a big name through his 1982 village dancer trilogy, Ronggeng Dukuh Paruk, the author expressed his concern over Indonesian national leaders, whom he said were less literature-conscious. "If only our leaders read a lot of lite...
- BNPB prepared for Mount Agung eruption: Head
- First Karangasem Travel Mart a huge success
- Maria lashes US Virgin Islands as Puerto Rico prepares for impact
- Brie Larson makes set appearance for ‘Avengers’ movie
- Tourism Ministry attracts European investors at London's 'Indonesia Briefing'
- HIV/AIDS prevention should also focus on men, not just sex workers: Djarot
- Govt picks Inalum to buy Freeport’s shares
- Deutsche Bank interested in helping SOEs buy Freeport’s shares
- Melania ads removed following Trump lawyer's complaint
- Making it work for persons with disabilities