Welcome back, `Olenka'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM What inspires one to write, especially if the end product is a masterpiece that is to be talked about for decades to come? "It was a woman," Budi Darma, author of award-winning novel, Olenka, said. "I opened the door to my room in Bloomington, and there she was." And so, the mere sight of that woman, coupled with the abundance of idle time during his student days in the United States, pr...
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- The Pirate Bay mined cryptocurrency by ‘borrowing’ visitors’ CPU
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded
- Suu Kyi says Myanmar ready to take back Rohingya refugees
- Banyuwangi to hold International Tour de Banyuwangi Ijen cycling competition