Welcome back, `Olenka'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM What inspires one to write, especially if the end product is a masterpiece that is to be talked about for decades to come? "It was a woman," Budi Darma, author of award-winning novel, Olenka, said. "I opened the door to my room in Bloomington, and there she was." And so, the mere sight of that woman, coupled with the abundance of idle time during his student days in the United States, pr...
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Modi talks tough on separatists after meeting Trudeau
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- UN Security Council to vote on Syria ceasefire
- Record tourist arrivals in Paris in 2017
- China's European fashion habit moves to the boardroom
- Four ex-Deutsche Bank traders evade UK Euribor-rigging charges
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus