The politics of the `jilbab'
Mohamad Abdun Nasir
PREMIUM The jilbab (Muslim women's headscarf) has rarely been free from political debate, and is often closely related to sharia-inspired regional ordinances. The jilbab has multiple meanings and purposes. It may convey messages about the religiosity or piety of the wearer, but can also imply a glaring personal statement that the body is a very private domain that cannot be exposed to anyone, anywhe...
- BREAKING: Indonesia's Stock Exchange evacuated after floor collapse
- Bank Indonesia, police prevent bitcoin transactions in Bali
- Cryptocurrency rivals snap at Bitcoin's heels
- Building management should be held accountable for IDX collapse: Consumers foundation
- More than 70 admitted to hospitals following collapse at IDX building
- Stock Exchange building-worthiness certificate expires this month: Anies
- Anies plans to return 'becak' to Jakarta streets
- Celine Dion Jakarta concert ticket prices announced
- Road near IDX closed until Tuesday
- Trump: 'I'm not a racist'