India and Indonesia meet at Sangam House
Melissa Umbro Teetzel
The real thing: Chicken tandoori, chicken marinated with yogurt and spices for six hours in a traditional tandoor oven, is served with raita and mint sauce and masala dosai — dal and rice pancake stuffed with potato curry and served with coconut chutney and sambar.Across the open-air courtyard, a swing hangs at the edge of the garden where pandan leaf and lemongrass grow.
In the distanc...
- Essential guide to remote travel in eastern Indonesia
- 100 'ojek' drivers gather at Central Jakarta apartment complex after alleged assault
- Big Bad Wolf 2018 to offer Mandarin books
- The skinny on McDonald’s Indonesia ‘nasi uduk’ set
- Woman dies at Soekarno-Hatta after arriving from Sydney
- Jakarta to open first two-pronged underpass to public
- Indonesians loyal despite Facebook data harvesting
- Indonesia calls for joint effort to tax Google, Facebook, Amazon
- Batik timeline to be showcased at 2018 Borobudur Masterpiece
- African nations are now more like Wakanda: Foreign Ministry