India and Indonesia meet at Sangam House
Melissa Umbro Teetzel
The real thing: Chicken tandoori, chicken marinated with yogurt and spices for six hours in a traditional tandoor oven, is served with raita and mint sauce and masala dosai — dal and rice pancake stuffed with potato curry and served with coconut chutney and sambar.Across the open-air courtyard, a swing hangs at the edge of the garden where pandan leaf and lemongrass grow.
In the distanc...
- Environment minister responds to President’s criticism
- Essay: Losing my religion
- 1.2 million drug abusers live in Jakarta
- Ministry seizes Jakarta’s party bus
- Don’t scare investors away, Jokowi tells ministers
- Bikers banned from new Semanggi Interchange because of selfie fears
- Don’t make us get nothing: Speaker on Jakarta councilors’ allowance increase
- North Korean celebrity's homecoming: Happy to be home or was she kidnapped?
- Minister Susi rejects idea to auction off confiscated fishing boats
- House lawmaker supports rupiah redenomination