The revival of feudalism in the public sphere
The recently passed film law shows up an irony for democracy in Indonesia, especially in the quality of the public sphere. The old law, Law No. 8/1992, was not reformed, while the press law and the broadcasting law have been adjusted to democratic principles. The crucial point of the old film law was the existence of the Censorship Body, which, under Soeharto's regime, was the extension of a...
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- FPI leader to testify against Ahok next week
- Jakarta Police suspend detention of treason suspect Firza Husein
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Grand launch of Kertajati Airport set for mid next year
- When the devil cites the scripture...
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links