The myth of gift-giving
PREMIUM Cultures across the world have their own stories in terms of what to give. Have you heard that in Chinese culture, you shouldn't buy your loved ones shoes? Or handkerchiefs and perfumes aren't the perfect gifts? Yes. A pair of shoes, for example, symbolizes a journey. So, giving pair of shoes to your loved ones means you want them to walk away from your life. A handkerchief, on the other...
- Metro TV fires reporter connected to Setya
- Japan proposes to build new tracks for Jakarta-Surabaya railway: Minister
- End nears for Mugabe as ruling party turns against him
- Tourism Ministry to focus on developing four New Balis next year
- Online exhibit shows hidden depths of Picasso's 'Guernica'
- Commentary: Stop making jokes about Setya. It's not funny anymore.
- Macron's popularity recovers as French see him keeping promises
- Boxer knocks out rival in 11 seconds
- UK aims for driverless cars by 2021
- Public Works and Public Housing Ministry to develop four Priority Destinations