The myth of gift-giving
PREMIUM Cultures across the world have their own stories in terms of what to give. Have you heard that in Chinese culture, you shouldn't buy your loved ones shoes? Or handkerchiefs and perfumes aren't the perfect gifts? Yes. A pair of shoes, for example, symbolizes a journey. So, giving pair of shoes to your loved ones means you want them to walk away from your life. A handkerchief, on the other...
- Jakarta-born Rich Chigga tells Rolling Stone why he moved to LA
- Orangutan conservation: Government agencies no 'cleaning service'
- Four Indonesian destinations named best dive sites in Asia by CNN
- Italian citizen busted for possessing 'ajapa japa' tobacco
- Lawmakers turn up in droves for election bill showdown
- House’s Instagram tirade against KPK goes viral
- Global drug rings target Indonesia after shifting from Philippines: BNN
- Police declare tougher approach against foreign drug smugglers
- Ruling coalition upbeat about keeping presidential threshold
- Hizbut Tahrir may file lawsuit against disbandment: Police