Govt urged to consider Batam-Singapore bridge
BATAM: A legislator has urged the Indonesian government to consider constructing a bridge connecting Batam to Singapore as part of efforts to boost economic development in Batam.
Harry Azhar Azis, from the Golkar Party, said Monday the Indonesian government should talk to its Singaporean counterpart about such a plan.
"The bridge would give our producers better access to the Asian continent following the implementation of the free trade agreement between ASEAN and China," he said. - JP
- Hundreds of supporters accompany candidates to pick ballot numbers
- From sex to murder: Dark face of Indonesian cults
- 1, 2, 3: The order is Agus, Ahok, Anies
- World’s first dengue vaccine now available in Indonesia
- UN wildlife campaign goes live on RI social media
- Jokowi lays wreath for Thailand's King Bhumibol
- Int’l students participate in IPB scientific seminar, symposium
- Australian pedophile gets 15 years' imprisonment in Bali
- Report reveals links of pro-IS groups in Mindanao with Indonesia, Malaysia
- Tax reform to follow last ever amnesty