Why do we need to redo Jakarta Spatial Masterplan?
Marco Kusumawijaya and Elisa Sutanudja
PREMIUM Jakarta needs its people. That is the simple but fundamental argument to urge the government to redo Jakarta's 2010-2030 Spatial Masterplan through a participatory process. Jakarta needs its people to own the plan so that they will participate in implementing it willingly. Participation builds a strong link called "ownership" between making and implementing a plan. They can only do so if the...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens