Obama visit hoped to encourage pluralism
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM As thousands of followers of the conservative Islamic group Hizbut Tahrir, held demonstrations Sunday against the planned visit of the US President Barack Obama, human rights activists said they hoped he would foster greater respect for pluralism. From continued violence against Ahmadiyah followers to the burning of churches across the country, scholars and activists admit there are many pitfalls ...
- Riau tourism ambassadors to be crowned at Bujang Dara Riau 2017 pageant
- Eliminating illegal parking at GBK needs PPKGBK approval
- Consider peacekeeping operations in Myanmar
- Susi reminds Central Java fishermen to stop using 'cantrang'
- Central bank sets ceiling fee via newly issued e-money card regulation
- Angelina Jolie's Cambodian genocide film deserves to be watched
- KPK to reveal details Friday on 'latest BPK auditor arrest'
- Minister slams F&B firms for objecting to sugar auction plan
- Muhammadiyah sends aid team for Rohingya
- Ancol to go cashless