To pay taxes or not to pay
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Even before we learned that a low-ranking tax officer named Gayus H. Tambunan had swiped a significant chunk of cash from our tax kitty, we were resolute in our intention to shirk from paying taxes.The oft-cited slogan from the government is that our taxes pay for services that only the state can provide, such as security, public transportation, infrastructures as well as administrative services.B...
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- Double diamond on Mount Fuji
- Electric cars made by Indonesian students featured at Jakarta motor show
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- New York Times' Weinstein investigation to be developed as film
- Nod for 'Jack Ryan' season 2
- Philippines closes Boracay to tourists under high security