Slamet Gundono: Imagination through grass
Ganug Nugroho Adi
PREMIUM Courtesy of Slamet GundonoBorn Gundono, he received Slamet as his forename from his primary school teacher. “It was only to make it longer and more stylish,” said Slamet Gundono, who was fond of wayang (puppet) shows as a child. Although his father was a wayang kulit (leather/shadow puppet) master in Tegal, Central Java, Gundono was not seriously engaged in this art as a youth, because t...
- Experts warn government against complacency in tackling forest fires
- Jakarta-Cikarang commuter line to begin operation in October
- Jakarta collects Rp 120 million in fines from illegal tree-cutting
- BI criticized for burdening consumers with e-money top-up costs
- Government advised to increase ceiling on import taxes
- Indonesia to organize upcoming Europalia cultural festival
- Elisabeth Moss, a Scientologist, wins Emmy for depicting cult
- Minister Susi to sink 100 more fishing boats this year
- Matahari closes two outlets in Jakarta
- Government preparing regulation for 'core tax system'