Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin III: Preserving cultural values with modesty
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Courtesy of Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin As far as sovereigns go, Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin, or Mahmud Badaruddin, isn’t exactly removed from present-day affairs or aloof to the plight of his people. He believes his traditional title bestows upon him the responsibility to protect society. Born in Palembang on Feb. 23, 1966, he is in fact known as a modest gentleman in his...
- Australia hopes Indonesia will join TPP-11
- Baby Donald Trump causes a stir in Afghanistan
- Turnbull lauds Jokowi's leadership, calls him 'role model'
- Xi gets second term with powerful ally as VP
- LIPI researcher looks to curcumin, gold to treat cancer
- Immigration officers detain overstaying foreigners, fraudsters
- Russia expels 23 British diplomats in spy poisoning row
- Suharto's youngest son in new push to get into Indonesian politics
- Three must-see North Maluku festivals
- Rohingya returnees won't be kept in camps 'forever': Myanmar official