Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin III: Preserving cultural values with modesty
The Jakarta Post
Courtesy of Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin As far as sovereigns go, Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin, or Mahmud Badaruddin, isn’t exactly removed from present-day affairs or aloof to the plight of his people. He believes his traditional title bestows upon him the responsibility to protect society. Born in Palembang on Feb. 23, 1966, he is in fact known as a modest gentleman in his...
- Wealth of four richest Indonesians equal to wealth of 100m poorest
- Democracy ‘gone too far’: Jokowi
- OJK to launch first green bond mechanism
- Legal avenues should be used to work abroad: BNP2TKI
- BI predicts lower GDP growth in first quarter
- Democracy will never go too far, lawmaker suggests
- Chinese Basketball Association elects Yao Ming as president
- Government orders another study into Benoa Bay reclamation project
- Jokowi threatens to take action if Freeport are 'difficult'
- COMMENTARY: Freeport's threat of arbitration simply a ploy to block mining reform