Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin III: Preserving cultural values with modesty
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Courtesy of Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin As far as sovereigns go, Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin, or Mahmud Badaruddin, isn’t exactly removed from present-day affairs or aloof to the plight of his people. He believes his traditional title bestows upon him the responsibility to protect society. Born in Palembang on Feb. 23, 1966, he is in fact known as a modest gentleman in his...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Costly holiday
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back