Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin III: Preserving cultural values with modesty
The Jakarta Post
Courtesy of Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin As far as sovereigns go, Sultan Iskandar Mahmud Badaruddin, or Mahmud Badaruddin, isn’t exactly removed from present-day affairs or aloof to the plight of his people. He believes his traditional title bestows upon him the responsibility to protect society. Born in Palembang on Feb. 23, 1966, he is in fact known as a modest gentleman in his...
- This canine-inspired bootcamp invites you to 'work out like a dog'
- North Sulawesi students press government to dissolve radical groups
- FPI leader questioned for allegedly insulting rupiah
- SHORT STORY: Bygones
- Energy minister reported over mineral export ban relaxation
- China cracks down on tools used to get around web filters
- Singapore urged to speed up immigration checks for Indonesians
- Samsung: Note 7 battery design, manufacturing caused fires
- 35,000 MW program achievable by 2021: DEN
- Trump’s shadow over Freeport won’t bend Indonesia