Prosecutors detain former Ende regent
PREMIUM KUPANG: A former Ende regent, currently a councilor from the Golkar Party, has been detained by prosecutors over an allegation that he embezzled Rp 3.5 billion (US$388,700) from the 2005 regional budget. Paulinus Domi was held Wednesday in the prosecutor's custody following a four-hour probe. Suhardi from the prosecutor's office said the former regent was alleged of granting businessman ...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- 'Islamization' of women's movement in Indonesia
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga