64-kg gecko sold for $20m: Report
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM JAKARTA: A giant gecko, weighing 64 kilograms, was recently found in Kalakbakan, Malaysia - an area that shares a border with Indonesia - and was sold for RM64 million (US$19.5 million), Tribun Kaltim newspaper reported Friday. "The gecko has been sold for RM1 million per kilogram," said Arbin, who took a picture of the animal. "The buyer was an Indonesian who later took it overseas, maybe to...
- Amorous couples, sex workers whipped in Aceh
- Indonesia seeks to lure Chinese tourists to destinations outside Bali
- BREAKING: Government sacks Pertamina chief
- Rupiah weakens to almost Rp 13,900 against US dollar
- Two Palestinians killed by Israeli fire as Gaza protests dwindle
- Google is Indonesia's powerful weapon in war on illegal fishing
- Malindo Air flight suffers runway excursion in Kathmandu
- Insight: Fair trade for palm oil, please!
- Opposition questions Jokowi’s policy on foreign workers
- Suzuki introduces second-generation Ertiga