64-kg gecko sold for $20m: Report
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: A giant gecko, weighing 64 kilograms, was recently found in Kalakbakan, Malaysia - an area that shares a border with Indonesia - and was sold for RM64 million (US$19.5 million), Tribun Kaltim newspaper reported Friday.
"The gecko has been sold for RM1 million per kilogram," said Arbin, who took a picture of the animal. "The buyer was an Indonesian who later took it overseas, maybe to China."
Tribun reported that despite the gecko having been sold, its editorial office and journalists received calls all Friday from "businesspeople" who wanted to bid higher prices.
Arbin said the gecko was found by a local teenager in a forest in Kalakbakan. - JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy