Deforestation moratorium is not panacea?
At the Oslo Climate and Forest Conference, the Indonesian and Norway governments had signed a partnership agreement on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD) with an immediate two-year moratorium. The deal signed with Norway aimed at mitigating greenhouse gas emissions earnings worth US$1 billion. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono pledged that the two-year m...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- Thai jungle seen as breeding ground for Indochinese tigers
- Swedish defense firm launches defense studies scholarship