Deforestation moratorium is not panacea?
Jakarta | Thu, July 1 2010 | 08:47 am
PREMIUMAt the Oslo Climate and Forest Conference, the Indonesian and Norway governments had signed a partnership agreement on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD) with an immediate two-year moratorium. The deal signed with Norway aimed at mitigating greenhouse gas emissions earnings worth US$1 billion. President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono pledged that the two-year m...
- Convicted drug smuggler Corby returns to Australia from Bali
- Three dead as truck rams into motorcyclists in Medan
- Man nabbed for spreading fake chat impersonating top cops
- Extraordinary measures needed to root out terrorists: BIN chief
- North Jakarta sees 45 fires in four months
- Police arrest another man with suspected links to E. Jakarta bombings
- Girl locked up for days by new Facebook friend in West Jakarta
- Investigation of helicopter procurement graft might target higher officials
- Ericsson, ITB collaborate for Internet of Things research
- Jakarta train stations to provide passengers with 'takjil'