Donor agency banned for `helping rebels'
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The government has banned Cordaid, a Dutch funding agency, for allegedly supporting Papuan separatists and running a commercial enterprise, a move some fear would set a bad precedent for the future of NGOs in Papua. Cordaid, one of five foreign funding agencies for Papuan NGOs, has been involved for more than 30 years in social development work in Indonesia, focusing on economic empowerment o...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls
- Xi gets 100% of votes for new term as key ally named VP