Onno W. Purbo: Opening windows for knowledge
The Jakarta Post
JP/Prodita SabariniThe Indonesian Internet society dubs him the “web evangelist” for his struggle to protect affordable Internet access in Indonesia.
The moniker suits Onno W. Purbo, 48, an IT writer and activist for Internet access, who says both his work and philosophy make him a champion for access to information. The former civil servant who once worked as a lecturer at the prestig...
- Danger of terrorist recidivism in prisons
- Visiting Pyongyang, Jakarta's North Korean restaurant
- Citilink’s first new Airbus A320neo arrives in Indonesia
- When two food trends collide: Martabak Samyang
- Jokowi warns Freeport
- More than 50 companies express interest in Bontang oil refinery construction
- Fans in Japan rush to get Murakami book with esoteric title
- Jokowi and Turnbull to focus on economic, strategic links
- Police beef up security in Intan Jaya
- Banten administration questions slow progress of Serang-Panimbang toll road