Onno W. Purbo: Opening windows for knowledge
The Jakarta Post
JP/Prodita SabariniThe Indonesian Internet society dubs him the “web evangelist” for his struggle to protect affordable Internet access in Indonesia.
The moniker suits Onno W. Purbo, 48, an IT writer and activist for Internet access, who says both his work and philosophy make him a champion for access to information. The former civil servant who once worked as a lecturer at the prestig...
- EDITORIAL: Strangers of the same race
- No deal yet on Freeport’s 51% share divestment: Luhut
- Model urges Kendari mayor to apologize for defaming her
- Airport train to start operating in November
- Escaped Malaysian prisoner believed to be in home country: Bali Police
- LNG import is a cheaper option: Luhut
- Indonesia projected to produce only 55,000 tons of salt this month
- Court orders First Travel to repay customers
- Jember airport development kicks off
- British couple's message in a bottle reaches Gaza