Onno W. Purbo: Opening windows for knowledge
The Jakarta Post
JP/Prodita SabariniThe Indonesian Internet society dubs him the “web evangelist” for his struggle to protect affordable Internet access in Indonesia.
The moniker suits Onno W. Purbo, 48, an IT writer and activist for Internet access, who says both his work and philosophy make him a champion for access to information. The former civil servant who once worked as a lecturer at the prestig...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Costly holiday
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official