Rawa Bening: A gem of a market
From the outside, the Jakarta Gems Center looks like any other mall in East Jakarta.
Standing opposite the Jatinegara train station in bold primary colors, the three-storey air-conditioned complex with underground parking appears to be just another unremarkable addition to Jakarta’s mall-obsessed shopping culture. What the center has to offer is another story altogether.
- Mount Agung activity on the rise: Agency
- Soekarno–Hatta International Airport Skytrain is officially launched
- Government prepares Rp 94.53t in energy subsidies for next year
- 19 Jambi pilgrims die of 'natural causes' during haj
- Regtech, legal tech firms join forces in IRLA
- EDITORIAL: Death of free speech
- Fishermen, including from Indonesia, 'kept like slaves' in Taiwan
- Parent sends open letter to Jokowi, seeking justice for son’s death
- Slum dwellers’ homes in Surakarta to be upgraded
- Garuda delays plan to purchase planes