RI middle of the road in MDG progress
Dina Indrasafitri and Arghea Desafti Hapsari
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia is faring better than many developing countries in its struggle to achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), but far worse than others, including several of its neighbors, MDGs envoy Nila Moeloek says.
Nila, who attended last week’s MDGs summit in New York, said on Tuesday that Indonesia was among 189 nations that had announced reports on their progress to meet the target...
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden