RI urgently needs tobacco control
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM Despite international pressure, Indonesia is among the few countries in the world that have neither signed nor ratified the World Health Organization (WHO) sponsored Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC). Douglas Bettcher, the WHO Tobacco Free Initiative director, recently spoke to The Jakarta Post about the importance of the convention for Indonesia, where around one-third of the country...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings