Expecting more from annual RSPO
Iwan Dzulvan Amir
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM The 8th annual Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) was held in Jakarta against the backdrop of unconstructive disagreements between its members that had marked previous conferences in 2008 and 2009.Some NGOs have revived claims that the RSPO is just a way to justify environmental damage committed by palm oil companies. The palm oil business community thinks that the RSPO has been hijacked fr...
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau