Government faces challenges in protecting migrants
The Jakarta Post
False documents, irregular placement and the absence of legal protections are among the challenges facing foreign diplomats in their efforts to protect Indonesian migrants, the foreign minister said.
The Indonesian government has come under pressure to prevent recurring migrant abuse, after the latest case of female migrant worker Sumiati in Saudi Arabia.
Some legislators are mulling...
- Sandiaga Uno waiting for Ahok’s family’s permission to visit him
- North Sumatra police attacker spent six months in Syria: Police
- First female infantry captain marks change of the guard in London
- Clinton praises Aceh tsunami recovery efforts
- Over 8,000 migrants rescued in Med in 48 hours
- Telkomsel's data usage surges 136% during Lebaran
- Obama's vacation beneficial to Indonesia tourism: Minister
- Knife-carrying man nabbed for breaking into headquarters of Central Java Police
- Facebook to produce own TV series, games
- Jokowi donates staple food packages during hometown visit