Government faces challenges in protecting migrants
The Jakarta Post
False documents, irregular placement and the absence of legal protections are among the challenges facing foreign diplomats in their efforts to protect Indonesian migrants, the foreign minister said.
The Indonesian government has come under pressure to prevent recurring migrant abuse, after the latest case of female migrant worker Sumiati in Saudi Arabia.
Some legislators are mulling...
- Australian arrested for alleged street assault
- What makes Bali hotels so popular among luxury travelers?
- Three foreign tourists rescued after failed fishing trip in Aceh
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 2018 regional elections: The basics
- Why West Java election matters to Jokowi, Prabowo
- How to get discounted airline tickets outside of travel fairs
- At midnight, Riyadh erupts in cheers for a woman in a car
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Flights, sea voyages safe despite Anak Krakatau eruption: Official