Government faces challenges in protecting migrants
The Jakarta Post
False documents, irregular placement and the absence of legal protections are among the challenges facing foreign diplomats in their efforts to protect Indonesian migrants, the foreign minister said.
The Indonesian government has come under pressure to prevent recurring migrant abuse, after the latest case of female migrant worker Sumiati in Saudi Arabia.
Some legislators are mulling...
- 'Bottom up' campaigning failed Ahok, and it might fail Jokowi
- Anies, Sandiaga win in all Jakarta municipalities, regency
- Polygamy not part of Islamic teachings: Muslim clerics
- PSSI eyes SEA Games gold, 4th place in 2018 Asian Games
- Jakarta election result will not negatively affect investment climate: BKPM
- 3 Singaporean military personnel banned from entering Indonesia
- Indonesia climbs six spots in 2017 press freedom ranking
- Former BPKM chairman passes away
- China bans list of Islamic names in restive Xinjiang region
- Squatters resettle Pasar Ikan area in defiance of eviction