Government faces challenges in protecting migrants
The Jakarta Post
False documents, irregular placement and the absence of legal protections are among the challenges facing foreign diplomats in their efforts to protect Indonesian migrants, the foreign minister said.
The Indonesian government has come under pressure to prevent recurring migrant abuse, after the latest case of female migrant worker Sumiati in Saudi Arabia.
Some legislators are mulling...
- Indonesian education index lower than Philippines, Ethiopia
- KPK found $200,000 during Andi Narogong’s arrest
- Candidates rachet up tensions
- Barus now symbol of ‘Islam Nusantara’
- US military aircraft waiting for repair team: Commander
- Densus 88 searches house of suspected terrorist in Ciputat
- Bali to join Earth Hour
- Papuan separatists end resistance, pledge allegiance to NKRI
- Papua to get 5 percent, Luhut says on Freeport divestment
- Modern public library prepared for East Jakarta