Government faces challenges in protecting migrants
The Jakarta Post
False documents, irregular placement and the absence of legal protections are among the challenges facing foreign diplomats in their efforts to protect Indonesian migrants, the foreign minister said.
The Indonesian government has come under pressure to prevent recurring migrant abuse, after the latest case of female migrant worker Sumiati in Saudi Arabia.
Some legislators are mulling...
- Sherina sings for Studio Ghibli’s TVC project
- Indonesia to declare battle against marine plastic debris
- Freeport Indonesia chief resigns as dispute over mining policy intensifies
- Who is Siti Aisyah? Foreign agent or gullible migrant worker?
- Three named suspects for feasting on orangutan in Kapuas
- Rising participation among Chinese-Indonesians: What’s next?
- Jokowi in-law plays key role in bribery case
- Life-size 'Lego House' to open in Denmark
- Zoos to be standardized to combat animal abuse
- Malaysian Police: North Korean Ri Jong Chol is fourth suspect arrested