Government faces challenges in protecting migrants
The Jakarta Post
False documents, irregular placement and the absence of legal protections are among the challenges facing foreign diplomats in their efforts to protect Indonesian migrants, the foreign minister said.
The Indonesian government has come under pressure to prevent recurring migrant abuse, after the latest case of female migrant worker Sumiati in Saudi Arabia.
Some legislators are mulling...
- Passport stamps becoming a thing of the past
- Govt to take legal action against drillers of illegal oil well after fire
- Candidates for Pertamina's top post submitted to Jokowi: SOE official
- Illegal oil exploration activities in Aceh must stop: WALHI
- Indian court jails popular guru for life over teen rape
- Three airlines to move to Terminal 3 in May
- Jakarta x Beauty festival seeks to promote self-confidence
- Music-streaming millennials eye smart speakers
- High-rise buildings must provide access for fiber optics
- At least 10 killed, dozens injured in oil well fire in Aceh