E-passport to premiere in January, government says
The Jakarta Post
Indonesians will have two passport options starting in January of next year – the existing passport and a new version with a chip that contains the passport holder’s information.
The passport with the chip, dubbed the e-passport, will be mandatory by 2015 as required by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) following its implementation in a number of ICAO member countries...
- Indonesia’s U-16 inch closer to AFC berth after beating Thailand 1-0
- Schools facing closure after allowing students to take part in 'gladiator fight': Komnas Anak
- SOEs urged to accelerate development of Kuala Tanjung industrial park
- Auditor arrested for Harley Davidson gift
- Muslims celebrate Islamic New Year to promote tolerance
- Police arrest two suspects allegedly involved in high school “gladiator” fight
- Trump's threat akin to `sound of a dog barking': North Korea
- Hot new talent to light up Milan Fashion Week
- Indonesian FM Retno Marsudi receives UN Agent of Change award
- Turkey, Iran and Iraq warn of 'counter-measures' against Kurdistan referendum