E-passport to premiere in January, government says
The Jakarta Post
Indonesians will have two passport options starting in January of next year – the existing passport and a new version with a chip that contains the passport holder’s information.
The passport with the chip, dubbed the e-passport, will be mandatory by 2015 as required by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) following its implementation in a number of ICAO member countries...
- Agnez Mo announces collaboration with Chris Brown
- Flights to Bali fall by 30 percent: Inaca
- Apartment construction work blamed for floods in Central Jakarta
- Garcia Marquez archive now accessible online
- Thousands of passengers stuck as ‘angkot’ drivers strike
- Setya's pretrial hearing adjourned until Thursday
- Five cadets found guilty of murder
- Urban problems worsening this year: LBH Jakarta
- Garuda Indonesia signs 10-year contract extension with GMF
- Most pumps work well, says agency on Jakarta's recent floods