Christine Hakim: Going where life leads her
PREMIUM Photo courtesy of Asia Pacific Screen Awards The concept of identity has been on Christine Hakim’s mind for most of her life.In her most famous role as Tjoet Nja Dhien, she played a woman who knew exactly who she was. Most recently, in Eat Pray Love, she played Wayan, a Balinese healer who helps the character of Elizabeth Gilbert (played by Julia Roberts) find her own strength and identity ...
- Kim becomes first North Korean leader to cross border into South since war
- Headscarved students banned from performing 'gambyong' dance
- Indonesia's digital policy lacking focus
- House ratifies protocol on financial services in ASEAN region
- Number of rejected Schengen visa applications for Indonesia increases
- Bank Indonesia open to rate rises
- Human rights at risk for ASEAN citizens
- Anger as Fiji tourism ad swaps 'church' for 'toilet'
- ‘Stranger Things’ coming to Universal Studios Singapore
- Ship's captain named suspect in Balikpapan oil spill