Peranakan culture: History modern Singapore
The Jakarta Post
Stepping through time: In the residential area of Katong, Singapore, a private two-story house, called Katong Antique House, has become a treasure trove of all things peranakan. Amid 2010’s hype about the new ship-like structure atop three hotel towers, I visited Singapore and discovered another side of the city-state.
In the upper-middle-class residential area of Katong, a private ...
- Palm oil producers revise up palm oil production, stock data
- Chinese investor interested in Vale Indonesia’s Bahodopi smelter project
- Government faces rampant lawsuits for revocation of mining permits
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Vale Indonesia to spend US$90 million for smelter rejuvenation, expansion
- Regulation on EURO IV adoption signed
- Only 40 percent of Indonesians can afford to buy a house: Sri Mulyani
- Garment exports projected to stagnate this year
- PLN expedites financial closure of Tanjung Jati B power plant expansion
- Barito Pacific secures $250 million loan to acquire Star Energy Group Holdings