Editorial: The press and society
The Jakarta Post
PREMIUM There are many ceremonial days in our calendar, most of which are significant only for those who would attend or are otherwise involved in the usually overlooked occasion itself. Today’s National Press Day is, perhaps, one of those occasions. Most journalists can’t recollect the meaning of Feb. 9, and even fewer Indonesians know that we have been commemorating National Press Day for over a qua...
- Jokowi orders police to gun down foreign drug traffickers
- Bumi subsidiary to gain big from NFC deal: Analyst
- Justin Bieber's Indonesia concert rumors heat up following media reports
- Indonesia condemns Israeli crackdown on holy mosque
- Pertamina pledges firm actions against ‘recalcitrant’ LPG distributors
- Private investors called on to help supply electricity to villages
- Dali's trademark moustache intact at '10 past 10'
- Waste bank gives Cengkareng residents extra income
- Bieber not welcome thanks to 'bad behavior': Beijing authorities
- High-tech mystery: Is a Facebook phone in the works?