City to close Jl. Dr. Satrio next week
The Jakarta Post
JAKARTA: To clear space for heavy machinery working on the Kampung Melayu-Tanah Abang elevated roads, city administrators are expected to close sections of Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio in South Jakarta next
Novizal, the head of bridge division at the City Public Works Agency, said on Thursday that the road closure had been approved by the agency, the Transportation Agency and The Traffic Division of the Jakarta Police.
The city will close a section connecting Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio and Jl. Rasuna Said and another section connecting Jl. Sudirman and Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio.
Novizal said only 70-meter-long sections would be closed. Jl. Casablanca, Jl Prof. Dr. Satrio and Jl. KH Mas Mansyur would remain accessible.
The city has prepared eight alternative routes for the closure.
“We will not close Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio entirely. We will close only a few short sections of the main thoroughfare,” Novizal said, adding that the flow of traffic leading to the street had to be reduced to give more space for laborers working on foundations for the elevated roads.
The 3.3-kilometer-long elevated road will straddle Jl. Casablanca, Jl. Prof. Dr. Satrio and Jl. KH Mas Mansyur in Central Jakarta, connecting the Kampung Melayu area in East Jakarta with the Tanah Abang area in Central Jakarta. — JP
- Grassroots war on rabies
- Good nutrition entails safe drinking water
- Award-winning comedy series ‘Silicon Valley’ returns for season 3
- Rationality, deficit in democracy
- Jokowi meets with German President, discusses death penalty
- Repair harm done to Jakarta Bay, fishermen demand
- Indonesia to learn vocational education from Germany: Minister
- 1965 victims: We don’t want communism, just reconciliation
- Cold rice balls, no flush toilets at quake-hit Japan shelter
- NU calls on govt. to reveal truth behind 1965 tragedy