Population growth of Greater Jakarta and its impact
The population of Greater Jakarta Metropolitan Area, comprised of DKI Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang and Bekasi (Jabodetabek), reached 27.9 million according to the 2010 national census, with a growth rate of 3.6 percent per annum over the period 2000-2010.
That figure far exceeds the national annual population rate of 1.49 percent per year over the same period. Jabodetabek accounts for ...
- Indonesian man found dead in belly of 7m-long python
- Snake eats human in Sulawesi, under pressure of deforestation: Expert
- EDITORIAL: Separating faith and state
- Indonesia, France talk about palm oil and aircraft industry
- Police ready to handle large anti-Ahok rally this week
- Fears for Indonesian park's rare species as Trump town rises
- Ahok's controversial speech not aimed at wooing voters: Expert
- Police call on protesters to stay away from election-related political issues
- West Nusa Tenggara governor named special envoy for breastfeeding
- Lion Air co-founder awarded Légion d'Honneur