Bishop urges a stop of manganese mining in W. Timor
The Jakarta Post
Atambua Bishop Mgr. Dominikus Saku Pr. called on manganese miners in West Timor, East Nusa Tenggara (NTT), to immediately halt their activities and urged the government not to process more than 400 license proposals submitted by investors for mining activities.
“The cash that the people directly receive from mining activities is not comparable to the damage to the environment that the [mi...
- Indonesian firm to construct coal port in Vietnam
- No flight attendants in bikinis for Vietjet’s upcoming route
- West Jakarta to collect tax arrears for hundreds of rental cars
- Trade Ministry, Eximbank to boost financing for exporters
- Russia offers nuke power to Indonesia
- South Africa's first online rhino horn auction set to open
- All Germany's gold returned from French vaults
- Indonesia needs to realize its sharia economy potential
- Khofifah has not resigned from the Cabinet, yet: Palace
- Foo Fighters’ Taylor Hawkins: Computer-made pop music is depressing